Indiana DUI Penalties | Consequences of Drunk Driving in Indiana : Jail Time, Fines, License Suspension
First Indiana DUI:
- Imprisonment: Up to 60 days. If committed with BAC .15 or greater: Up to 1 year.
- Fines: Maximum $500 plus costs. If committed with BAC .15 or greater: Maximum $5,000 plus costs
- Driver's License Suspension: 90 days - 2 years. Possible conditional privileges
- Probation: Up to 1 year.
Second Indiana DUI within 5 Years (Class D Felony):
- Imprisonment: Up to 3 years
- Fines: Up to $10,000
- Driver's License Suspension: 1 - 2 years
- Probation: Up to 3 years
Second Indiana DUI with Prior Conviction Occurring Beyond 5 Years (Class A Misdemeanor):
- Imprisonment: Mandatory minimum 10 days - 1 year
Indiana DUI Laws - Relevant Statutes
The skilled Indiana DUI lawyers on this site can help you with all aspects of your drunk driving arrest including: further information on DUI penalties, fines, and consequences, administrative driver's license suspension or revocation, Under 21 DUI Drunk Driving and Zero Tolerance Laws, SR-22 insurance, DUI School, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Victim Impact Panels, how to beat a DUI, Ignition Interlock Devices, SCRAM Continuous Alcohol Monitoring Device, DUI Expungement, DUI Diversion, Community Service, and all other issues surrounding your Indiana Drunk Driving DUI Arrest.
Indiana DUI Attorneys can help fight for your Rights following a DUI arrest in Bloomington, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Gary, Indianapolis, South Bend, or anywhere else in Illinois.