§ 9-30-5-11 Probationary driving privileges; restrictions; commencement date
9-30-5-11 Probationary driving privileges; restrictions; commencement date
Sec. 11. (a) If a court grants a person probationary driving privileges under section 12 of this chapter, the person may operate a vehicle only as follows:
(1) To and from the person's place of employment.
(2) For specific purposes in exceptional circumstances.
(3) To and from a court-ordered treatment program.
(b) If the court grants the person probationary driving privileges under section 12(a) of this chapter, that part of the court's order granting probationary driving privileges does not take effect until the person's driving privileges have been suspended for at least thirty (30) days under IC 9-30-6-9.
(c) The court shall notify a person who is granted probationary driving privileges of the following:
(1) That the probationary driving period commences when the bureau issues the probationary license.
(2) That the bureau may not issue a probationary license until the bureau receives a reinstatement fee from the person, if applicable, and the person otherwise qualifies for a license.