§ 61-8-461. Definitions
As used in 61-8-460, the following definitions apply:
(1) “Alcoholic beverage” means a compound produced for human consumption as a drink that contains 0.5% or more of alcohol by volume.
(2) “Bus” means a motor vehicle with a manufacturer's rated seating capacity of 11 or more passengers, including the driver.
(3) “Camper” has the meaning provided in 61-1-101.
(4) “Highway” has the meaning provided in 61-1-101, including the shoulders of the highway.
(5) “Motor home” has the meaning provided in 61-1-101.
(6) “Motor vehicle” has the meaning provided in 61-1-101.
(7) “Open alcoholic beverage container” means a bottle, can, jar, or other receptacle that contains any amount of an alcoholic beverage and that is open or has a broken seal or the contents of which are partially removed.
(8) “Passenger area” means the area designed to seat the driver and passengers while a motor vehicle is in operation and any area that is readily accessible to the driver or a passenger while the driver or a passenger is seated in the vehicle, including an unlocked glove compartment.