§ 813.510 Privileges granted by permit, limitations and conditions
813.510. Privileges granted by permit, limitations and conditions
This section establishes limitations that the Department of Transportation is required or permitted to place on hardship permits issued under ORS 807.240 to persons whose suspension is based upon a conviction for driving under the influence of intoxicants or upon ORS 813.100. Limitations placed on a hardship permit under this section are in addition to any limitations placed on the permit under ORS 807.240. A person's permit is subject to suspension or revocation as provided under ORS 807.240 if the department determines that the holder of the permit has violated any limitation placed upon the permit under this section. Violation of a limitation under this section is punishable as provided by ORS 811.175 or 811.182. The limitations are as described in the following:
(1) A hardship permit issued to the person shall limit the person's driving privileges:
(a) To the times, places, routes and days the department determines to be minimally necessary for the person to seek or retain employment, to attend any alcohol or drug treatment or rehabilitation program or to obtain required medical treatment for the person or a member of the person's immediate family; and
(b) To times, places, routes and days that are specifically stated.
(2) The person's driving privileges under the permit are subject to suspension or revocation if the person does not maintain a good driving record, as defined by the administrative rules of the department, during the term of the permit.
(3) If the person is in a rehabilitation program under ORS 813.500, the person must complete the rehabilitation program.
(4) The department may require the person to complete a driver improvement program under ORS 809.480 as a condition of the permit.
(5) If the person is involved in a diversion agreement under ORS 813.220 and 813.230, the department may require the person to successfully complete the diversion program as a condition of retaining the permit.
(6) The department shall condition the permit so that the permit will be revoked if the person is convicted of any of the following:
(a) Reckless driving under ORS 811.140.
(b) Driving under the influence of intoxicants under ORS 813.010.
(c) Failure to perform the duties of a driver under ORS 811.700 or 811.705.
(d) Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer under ORS 811.540.
(e) Driving while suspended or revoked under ORS 811.175 or 811.182.