§ 577.001 Chapter definitions
577.001. Chapter definitions
1. As used in this chapter, the term “court” means any circuit, associate circuit, or municipal court, including traffic court, but not any juvenile court or drug court.
2. As used in this chapter, the term “drive”, “driving”, “operates” or “operating” means physically driving or operating a motor vehicle.
3. As used in this chapter, a person is in an “intoxicated condition” when he is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or drug, or any combination thereof.
4. As used in this chapter, the term “law enforcement officer” or “arresting officer” includes the definition of law enforcement officer in subdivision (17) of section 556.061, RSMo, and military policemen conducting traffic enforcement operations on a federal military installation under military jurisdiction in the state of Missouri.
5. As used in this chapter, “substance abuse traffic offender program” means a program certified by the division of alcohol and drug abuse of the department of mental health to provide education or rehabilitation services pursuant to a professional assessment screening to identify the individual needs of the person who has been referred to the program as the result of an alcohol-or drug-related traffic offense. Successful completion of such a program includes participation in any education or rehabilitation program required to meet the needs identified in the assessment screening. The assignment recommendations based upon such assessment shall be subject to udicial review as provided in subsection 7 of section 577.041.