§ 50-1901 Definitions
§ 50-1901. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) The term “Mayor” means the Mayor of the District, or his designated agent.
(2) The term “District” means the District of Columbia.
(3) The term “license” means any operator's permit or any other license or permit to operate a motor vehicle issued under the laws of the District, including:
(A) Any temporary or learner's permit;
(B) The privilege of any person to drive a motor vehicle whether or not such person holds a valid license; and
(C) Any nonresident's operating privilege.
(4) The term “nonresident” means every person who is not a resident of the District.
(5) The term “nonresident's operating privilege” means the privilege conferred upon a nonresident by the laws of the District relating to the operation by such person of a motor vehicle, or the use of a vehicle owned by such person, in the District.
(6) The term “police officer” means an officer or member of the Metropolitan Police force, the United States Park Police force, or the Capitol Police force, or any other person actually and officially engaged in the performance of police duties in connection with guarding the property of the United States or of the District.
(7) The term “specimen” means that quantity of a person's blood, urine, or breath necessary to conduct a chemical test to determine blood-alcohol content or the blood-drug content.
(8) The term “motor vehicle” means all vehicles propelled by internal combustion engines, electricity, or steam. The term “motor vehicle” shall not include personal mobility devices, as defined by § 50-2201.02(12), or a battery-operated wheelchair when operated by a person with a disability.
(9) The term “chemical test” means a test which measures or relates to the properties or actions of chemicals.